Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Let's start working with Photoshop

Don't worry. I didn't forget about your Photoshop tools quiz. :) The good news is: I'm going to try to come to class on Monday to see you all and give you a quiz in person! So, keep studying!

Now, on to tonight's work.

Let's start working in Photoshop. First, you can find Photoshop in the dock (at the bottom of the screen) in the folder labeled Applications. Fire up Photoshop and get ready for your class work. Once Photoshop is up and running, I want you to download a file to work with:

FIRST:
Download this picture. When link opens, right-click and choose "Save image as. . ." Then save the photograph to your desktop.

Next, I want you to watch this video called Correcting perspective with the crop tool. Using the techniques in the video, I want you to practice cropping the photograph of the living room sofa & painting. Try to get it as straight-on as possible!

SECOND:
Download this picture. When link opens, right-click and choose "Save image as. . ." Then save the photograph to your desktop.

Next, I want you to watch another video called Straightening a crooked image. Using the technique in this video, I want you to straighten the horizon of the photograph you downloaded.

FINALLY:
Choose either of the photos you downloaded for use in the next exercise. I want you to watch the video entitled Using the marquee and lasso tools and practice the techniques in that video on your sample image.

Keep trying these three exercises until you feel comfortable with the tools used in the videos. You don't need to email me your files or anything. I just want you to practice and get familiar with the tools and techniques. We will build on these exercises as we go.

Take your time. Understand each video.

And keep studying for your Photoshop tools quiz on Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment